Transfer Education Benefits (TEB) General Overview

Service members:  If you are eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill program you can use the TEB page to request a transfer of your DoD education benefits to your eligible dependents.


Important:   Do not initiate a transfer of benefits unless you are willing to complete any additional service commitment required by your Service. If your transferred benefits are used before your qualifying commitment is complete, you could owe money for the used benefits (recoupment). For more information, please read the "What is recoupment and how do I avoid it?" FAQ in milConnect.


See also

Transfer Education Benefits-Process Overview

Status of Transfer Requests

Changing Benefit Allocations When a Dependent Dies